"We have a facility where members feel proud to bring a guest and confident that the service is always consistent. We try to make every day a fun experience for every person that enters our facility. It helps to have a passion for what we do, because that will help us through the tough times. My staff and I make every effort to create a fun atmosphere, and that starts with having a good attitude. If our members are happy, they will invite others to join the fun." Rod Sims, Head Golf Professional
Mount Shasta Resort Membership
Mount Shasta Resort, located to the west of Mount Shasta, in Siskiyou County was opened in 1993 and designed by Sandy Tatum and Jim Summers. With natural terrain, lakes, rivers and spectacular scenery, Mount Shasta Resort is one of the finest resort courses in Northern California. The elevation is 3500 ft. above sea level and the course is open year round (weather permitting). The Resort clubhouse includes a fully stocked golf shop, driving range and practice area, restaurant, lounge, day spa, and sixty-five guest chalets nestled in the alpine forest along Lake Siskiyou. The Resort also hosts outside tournaments, corporate outings, weddings, banquets and seminars.
Currently there are approximately 200 individual and family memberships. The individual initiation fee for 2012 is $3000. The family initiation fee is $4000. Monthly dues are as follows: Single Membership $135 per month and Family Membership $175 per month. Please note: All memberships are non-transferable. The initiation fee is a one-time, non-refundable, non-transferable charge. Dues are payable the first of each month, March through November. Accounts more than forty-five days late will be suspended until payment in full is received. Accounts more than ninety days late may be cancelled with monthly dues remaining for the calendar year.
· You are allowed 1 change in membership status per calendar year.
· Unlimited yearly play.
· 1 guest pass per month.
· 20% off all merchandise in the Golf Shop.
· Advanced tee time reservations (2 weeks).
· Play in Member Tournaments.
· Discounted green fees at participating golf courses.
· 20% off meals at our Highland House Restaurant.
Rules and Regulations
· Dress Code: Men - Collared shirts, no tee shirts or cut off shorts.
· Dress Code: Ladies - No halter tops or short shorts. .
· Regular or soft spikes permitted.
· Fivesomes are not allowed from May 15th to October 15th.
· Check in with the Golf Shop at least 10 minutes prior to your tee time.
· 2 riders per cart.
· All drivers of carts must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
· Non-playing children under the age of 7 are not permitted on the course.
· Under the terms of a family membership, children must be under 18 years of age and living at home to have playing privileges.
Mount Shasta Resort member fees, dues, privileges, rules and regulations are subject to change. Notice will be given to Resort Members of any changes.
If at any time you are unable to play due to medical reasons for three to twelve consecutive months, you may request a “Medically Exempt Status”. If you are going to be away from the area for three to twelve consecutive months, you may apply for an “Inactive Status”. Upon reactivation, there will be a charge of $350 for family memberships, and a charge of $250 for single memberships. You are allowed two inactive periods in five years.
Notice of intent to cancel a membership must be given in writing 90 days in advance. For budgeting reasons, monthly dues must continue to be paid during the 90 days after written notice is received. On the effective date of cancellation (90 days after receipt of written notice), the initiation fee will be forfeit and the departing member must wait at least 1 year before applying for membership and paying all new applicable fees.