"We have a facility where members feel proud to bring a guest and confident that the service is always consistent. We try to make every day a fun experience for every person that enters our facility. It helps to have a passion for what we do, because that will help us through the tough times. My staff and I make every effort to create a fun atmosphere, and that starts with having a good attitude. If our members are happy, they will invite others to join the fun." Rod Sims, Head Golf Professional
Mount Shasta Resort Membership
Mount Shasta Resort, located to the west of Mount Shasta, in Siskiyou County was opened in 1993 and designed by Sandy Tatum and Jim Summers. With natural terrain, lakes, rivers and spectacular scenery, Mount Shasta Resort is one of the finest resort courses in Northern California. The elevation is 3500 ft. above sea level and the course is open year round (weather permitting). The Resort clubhouse includes a fully stocked golf shop, driving range and practice area, restaurant, lounge, day spa, and sixty-five guest chalets nestled in the alpine forest along Lake Siskiyou. The Resort also hosts outside tournaments, corporate outings, weddings, banquets and seminars.
Currently there are approximately 150 individual and family memberships. The individual initiation fee for 2014 is $1500. The family initiation fee is $2000. A family is any domestic partnership that has been recognized by the State of California, and children under the age of 18 living at home. Monthly dues are as follows: Single Membership $135 per month and Family Membership $175 per month. Dues are payable the first of each month.
Please note: All memberships are non-transferable. The initiation fee is a one-time, non-refundable, non-transferable charge.
· Unlimited yearly play
· Discounted annual cart passes
· Advanced tee time reservations (2 weeks)
· 10 guest passes per year (a non-member will only be allowed to be a guest once a month)
· 20% off all merchandise in the Golf Shop
· Play in Member Tournaments
· Complimentary green fees at our sister course, Tierra Oaks
· 20% off meals at our Highland House Restaurant and Lounge
· Discounted green fees at participating courses
· 20% off regular lodging rates for family and friends
Rules and Regulations
· Check in with the Golf Shop at least 10 minutes prior to your tee time
· Dress Code: Men - Collared shirts, no tee shirts or cut off shorts
· Dress Code: Ladies - No halter tops or short shorts
· Regular or soft spikes permitted
· Maximum of 2 riders per cart
· All drivers of carts must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license
· Fivesomes are not allowed from May 15th to October 15th
· Non-playing children under the age of 7 are not permitted on the course
· Under the terms of a family membership, children must be under 18 years of age and living at home to have playing privileges
If at any time you are unable to play due to medical reasons for four to twelve consecutive months, you may request a “Medically Exempt Status”. If you are going to be away from the area for four to twelve consecutive months, you may apply for an “Inactive Status”. Upon reactivation, there will be a charge of $250 for single memberships, and $350 for family memberships. You are allowed two inactive periods in five consecutive years. Short term absences (3 months or less) do not qualify for nonpayment of dues.
Late Payment and Membership Cancellation
Accounts more than forty-five days late will be suspended until payment in full is received. Accounts more than ninety days late may be canceled with monthly dues remaining for the calendar year. Notice of intent to cancel a membership must be given in writing 60 days in advance. For budgeting reasons, monthly dues must continue to be paid during the 60 days after written notice is received. On the effective date of cancellation (60 days after receipt of written notice), the initiation fee will be forfeit and the departing member must wait at least 1 year before applying for membership and paying all new applicable fees.
Mount Shasta Resort member fees, dues, privileges, rules and regulations are subject to change. Written notice will be given to Resort Members in advance of any changes.